Appeal Letter Template
To whom it may concern:
First paragraph: clearly explain the semester(s) or class(es) for which you are requesting a withdrawal or grade change or other request. Be as specific as possible. You must include the date that you last attended class during the semester in which you were experiencing a hardship.
Second paragraph: write out the reasons for the withdrawal, grade change, or other request. Include any relevant medical information (physical health and/or mental health). Include any information about a personal hardship.
Third paragraph: describe any supporting documents you are including with your appeal. Include any and all related documentation as pdf attachments, or drop them off to our office or email them along with your appeal letter.
Fourth paragraph: IF you would like an in-person meeting with the Petitions Subcommittee, write that here. IF you would like to pick up your appeal decision when it is available instead of receiving it through the mail & email via SendFile, write that here.
UGA Student Name
Instructions for a letter of appeal:
- Write out the appeal letter according to the attached template. You must write and sign the letter yourself: no one else can prepare it for you.
- Include any documents that support your appeal. These could be medical/mental health records, a letter from your healthcare provider, or any evidence of a personal hardship (like a death certificate of a loved one).
- Submit your appeal and supporting documents by any one of these methods:
- Email to email@example.com
- Mail (to the address on the template)
- Fax to (706) 542-0544 and send a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure it was received
- Drop off all materials to New College Suite 114